Friday, February 4, 2011

Where there's a will...

The past 4 days have been spent working from home while Oklahoma thaws out from a blanket of snow that appears to be evergrowing.  I have loved every minute of my 4 days home with the Gav, but after a while a project was necessary to keep from getting a bad case of cabin fever. 

Our friends got Gavin an exersaucer before he was born and we knew it would be a while before he would be able to play in it.  It's ideally suited for ages 4 months and up..but since our little man is so advanced, we decided this week that he was ready to try the exersaucer. 

Here's a picture of the exersaucer.  Doesn't it look like fun?!

The only problem was that Matthew had to work and he is officially the baby toy putter-togetherer of our house.  EVERY SINGLE baby item that has been put together in our home was put together by Matthew. So on Day #3 of our little staycation, I decided to chalk one up for Mama. 

Check out how many pieces it came in!!!



I even had to use two tools to put it together!  Granted, one of them was a pair of scissors...but it still counts. 
Eventually, piece by piece, it started to look like a toy rather than a pile of brightly colored plastic. 



Look at how much fun he's having in it!!




He's a little small for it, but if there's one thing I know, it's that he will grow into it!  Just look at my little cutey!!!


I realized that I only made one mistake- I put this ABC, 123 twirly thing on backwards so that the playee was not able to see it.  That was easily remedied however and I have full confidence that Mr. Gavin will still learn his ABC's.   
There's lots of learning and playing to be done by Gavin.  And lots of watching and picture taking to be done by mommy and daddy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment