Monday, September 19, 2011

Ranger Day!

It's no secret that the Coxes have a thing for all things Rangers.  There is no way that Gavin was going to make it one full year of his life without seeing the Rangers play live and in person.  And earlier this month- that's exactly what we did!  The Cox family took Gavin Cox out to the ole ball game! 

I must point out all of Gavin's Rangers' flare before he even left for the game.  Gavin is seen here dressed in his Rangers finest from head to toe. 
  • Rangers hat? Check. 
  • Rangers onesie? Check (He had a spare in a different color just in case his lunch didn't agree with him)
  • Searsuckered shorts that match daddy's? Check. 
  • Socks made to look like a baseball? Check.
The only kid more Ranger-fied then this one is probably Josh Hamilton's 4th daughter- who, by the way, was born the day before we went to the Ranger game....(Oh my gosh! I'm getting sucked in to- I know these people by name!) 
I must say I was filled with much mommy/wife pride and nostalgia as I watched Matthew walk up the stadium with his little boy for the first time.  I could practically hear the Rudy-like music playing in the background- it felt as all-American as we've ever been.  It was definitely one of those great father/son moments.  Matthew was one proud papa!
  
And Gavin was a champ! 
He loved the game and when he wasn't watching from his seat on Daddy's shoulders or in his lap,
he was climbing on the stadium seats himself
...or being passed back and forth by the many Cox family members who were there to watch the game Gavin.  
It was a momentous day to be sure...and I'm sure the first of many more to come!

1 comment: