Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

Milestone Alert!  Harper can officially roll over!  Oh man, I am such an annoying mother- I am totally about to brag all over the place about my super smart, beautiful and developmentally AWESOME little girl!  Before I had kids I would have totally rolled my eyes at myself, but now that I'm a mom...I guess I just don't care.  Roll away...cuz that's exactly what Harper was doing on Sunday!  
What you are looking at here, folks, is an actual picture of the actual first time that Harper ever rolled over in her life!  
She was chillin' in the middle of the couch (which wasn't previously an issues since she didn't roll yet) while I was doing something with Gavin.  I looked over and the girl totally went from her back to her tummy...and then just chilled there, like it was nothing.  Of course I screamed and made Gavin wonder for the millionth time in his life what could possible be wrong with his crazy mother.

Then I moved her to the floor- because clearly she can't ever be placed on the couch again unattended- and she did it again.  This time, she had enough oomph in her roll from her back to her tummy and then back to her back again!  Maybe it's from all of the Olympic trials we've been watching, seeing the gymnasts.  Well, whatever it is, I'll take it!  
 Now that she's an accomplished roller, she can't lay 10 seconds on her back without wanting to roll over onto her stomach.  And of course, every time she does it- even several days later- she gets a cheer from either her mommy, daddy or brother. 

I also must note that after perusing a few of my pictures, I would like to point out for everyone's clarification that we do actually wear clothes in the Cox house..and at times, full sets of them, which would include a shirt AND pants.  I love the picture below that shows them both in one of each...I promise that both pieces have a coordinating top and/or bottom, respectively.

The skies the limit, Harpie Girl.  Just don't grow up too fast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment