Tuesday, February 12, 2013

9 Months- January

We are in the count down to 1.  The last "quarter" of Harper's first year.  Nine months has come...and almost gone!

For some reason these pictures make her look like such a big girl!  

I guess that's because she is!  
And pardon my "9" that looks a little like a Chia pet this month. I was trying to spice things up a little bit with yarn.  Spicy.

In my last post I talked about how Gavin loves reading "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" book.  There's a line that says "one Sunday, the warm sun came out and POP!..."  Well, that's what happened this month.  Harper's personality POPPED!

Not that she was a big, dull dud or anything like that before.  Just this month she has really started to develop some spunk and personality and individuality.  I guess I can run through the highlights...


Teeth!  We have a little baby Lauren Hutton on our hands!  Harper got her top two teeth this month an they are growing in so cute, but with a definite little gap in between her two teeth (see below).  Did I mention that it's adorable?  I wasn't sure.

She's definitely got some "woo hoo" hair going on.  Right around her ears she's got a little Bozo-esque look that flips out.  It must be the Oklahoma humidity, right?  Thank goodness we have her fully outfitted with bows galore, so it's not a problem.  And besides that, we love it!

Harper is starting to eat some table food and loves Cheerios, puffs, those weird little Gerber meat stick things (puke) and teeny tiny little bites of whatever we're having for dinner.  Harpie is a good eater, but we've noticed that when she's done- she's done! She definitely lets you know.  Especially with her bottle- if she decides she doesn't want it any more, she'll turn her head away, bat her little hand at it and I think I've even caught her shaking her head "no" at it before.

Harpie is becoming quite an accomplished clapper and waver.  She was doing these things last month, but has excelled even further in Month 9.  Now she's gotten to where if you say "Yay!" she'll start clapping with a big grin on her face.  She loves to smile and laugh and her herself squeal with delight.  There's a lot of delight going on because there's a lot of squealing going on at our house.

She's taken after her brother's love of music and her toy of choice right now is either a little gray microphone that we have or a fake remote.  She loves to put them in her mouth and blow little raspberries.  I think one of the things that Matthew and I like the most about her is the way that she'll cuddle into your shoulder when she's tired or snuggly.  So very precious.  She's always been a little more on the cuddly side...and we don't mind at all.  She's also very social.  She loves to "talk" to people and wave at them.  When I walk up to her classroom at church, she's always sitting or playing on the floor and just chattering away.  I'm just not quite sure where she gets it.

And as the days fly off the calendar in February, I know we're only days away from month 10.  What more cuteness could this next month possibly hold?   

No comments:

Post a Comment