Friday, July 15, 2011

A day in the life: big boy baths, minced meat and someone's first haircut

It's officially happened!  Our stinky little boy has gotten too stinky for his little baby bathtub!  Gavin, who I affectionately refer to as "Stinky" (it's okay, he doesn't mind) has graduated to the big boy bathtub!  Last Sunday night we tried it out and I do believe he's here to stay
Is this face stinky or what? 
   He started out mellow...but that lasted for about 30 seconds.  As soon as he realized that he had all that water to splash in, our boy was off and running...or I guess "off and crawling" would be more appropo.   

This kid has about 15 bath toys, but the two biggest hits of the evening- which I might add have remained big hits for all subsequent baths to date- are this pink sting ray plastic fish thingy...and the drain stop.  Oh yes- the drain stop.  In fact, Gavin grabbed ahold of the drain stop and could not stop laughing.  Apparently it's a pretty funny drain stop. 
And Sunday night was only the beginning of this week's adventures.  Monday night brought two new milestones: Gavin's first time to eat meat and his first hair cut!  I know, I know...how can you cram all of that action into one night? Well, we just did...

If someone had told me even a few months ago that someday I would be eagerly preparing ground turkey,  pureeing it and then mixing it with applesauce, I would have told you that you were nuts.  To go so far as to say that I would be taking pictures of it and considering it a milestone would just be...well, even nuttier I guess.  But that's exactly what we did on Monday night. 

Check out the luscious goodness of pureed ground turkey.  Mmm mmm good.  (There's a little bit of asparagus and rice on the spoon too- don't worry, our turkey isn't turning green).
I think Gavin's first taste of meat was a hit...it doesn't appear not to be anyways... 

And just when you thought our lives couldn't get any more exciting...Monday night held yet another surprise: Gavin's first haircut (if you didn't know that was coming, then you didn't read the title of my post!)
Gavin was a big fan of the robot cape.  We're going to have to keep to have to keep that in mind for his birthday!
My friend Leslie who also cuts my hair did the honors of giving Gavin his first hair cut.  She did a great job!
There was one slight challenge: Gavin wanted to watch the trimmers in action.  I don't think he quite got the concept of looking ahead while the stylist does her magic. 
 Nonetheless, Leslie was up for the challenge and Gavin got a great hair cut.  His sweet little face looks even chubbier..and it's nice to be able to see the tops of his ears again. 
And those were the adventures that ensued on our Sunday and Monday nights of this week. Don't be jealous of our wild and crazy lives, folks.  Not everyone can be this adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment