Wednesday, August 21, 2013

In honor of Prince George

So has anybody heard about the Royal Baby being born?  Yes- I realize that could be considered relatively old news, but I'll still consider it recent since it happened in the last 90 days.  In honor of the royal baby, I thought I'd share a few things:

First of all, Kate Middleton and I are Facebook friends.  Totes.  Okay- maybe not Facebook friends as much as I "follow" the Prince William and Kate Middleton page on Facebook.  While this might sound under impressive, I do probably believe that Kate Middleton would really like me if she were to know me...and would probably follow my blog.  So between her and Beth Moore and Jen Hatmaker, I really do have the who's who of imaginary-except-for-they're-real-people friends.  If we ever go get pedi's, I'll totally do a post about it.

BUT I do for real have a link to the royal family.  A few years ago, when Matthew and I were in Prague (okay, I LOVE saying that- it totally sounds like a line that Pheobe says from Friends or that I'm getting ready to tell a made- up story- except for that I'm not!)...okay so anyways- back in 2010 when Matthew and I were in Prague (there- I said it again!)  we totally saw Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Boles.  Not lying...and here is the proof.
 
 
I realize it's not a great shot of Camilla- but then again, what shot is?  You can definitely see the tell-tale bangs.  It's not a very dramatic story- we were at the Castle in Prague- just chillaxing in the courtyard like the two well-traveled, refined awesome people that we are- and we noticed a "hubbub" of sorts coming from the second story balcony. While we initally thought we were in a real life version of "Vantage Point" (eeks!) Matthew actually pointed out first that the Prince of Wales was waving at us!  It was fun- although several people around us were mad since parts of the Castle were blocked off due to their royal touring.

And then Prince Charles went home and told his soon to be daughter-in-law all about me and we became best friends and pen pals...or something else less delusional.

Okay- while that's pretty much all I've got as far as links to the other royal family- I do have to share a super cute picture of Gavin being rather dapper and royal himself.
 
We have a super cute book called "The Animal Orchestra" that Gavin has now memorized and "reads" every day.  The book talks about how the conductor- who happens to be a hippo- bows  and bows and bows.  Matthew and I realized that Gavin didn't know how to bow...so in his gentlemanly fashion, Matthew taught Sir Gav how to bow.  

 So while I'm pretty sure Baby Prince George will never wear dinosaur pajamas from Old Navy, I can't imagine even a Prince looking more dapper than these two royally handsome gents.

And here's a picture of Harper- just because I can't leave her out...and ironically, she was born 4 days before Kate and William's 1st wedding anniversary.  If that isn't a link to the royal family, then I don't know what is...




No comments:

Post a Comment