Friday, October 7, 2011

11 months

Is anyone else doing a countdown of the number of Gavin calendar pictures that are left?  Just me?  Oh okay...well in case you're not keeping up- there are only two more!  Actually one since this is the 11 month post.  I can't believe my tiny little jelly bean baby is now one month shy of being a year (okay, okay- I'm slow about posting, at "press time" he's only 17 days shy of being a year.  Don't make a mother cry!)
 
Gavin is doing something new everyday.  I know the big question that everyone wants to ask- is he walking?  And the answer is not yet.  He loves pushing things- he'll push things all the livelong day..but when it comes to stepping out free-style, he's not too much into that.  He's taken a couple of "lunge steps" but as for walking, he's not into that right now. 
As you can see, we're working on the sippy cup.  He's actually kind of getting the hang of it...and we're slowly transitioning to whole milk mixed with formula...which makes for some really fun diapers. 
Gavin is at such a fun stage and I feel like every day there is a new fun "Gavin story".  He's really enjoying mimicking things that Matthew and I do- like our "Halloween laugh".  Last night I was reading him his usual bed time ("I love you through and through") and there was a picture of a little boy crying with his mouth wide open and tears jumping off the side of his face.  I looked over at Gavin and he was trying to mimic the little boys face and made this little fake crying noise.  I don't know if you have ever seen a more amused mother.  That got him 5 extra minutes of play time before bed!
Every day we inch closer and closer to the one year mark.  As much as I joke about crying and not being able to believe it, I am so excited to see this little man grow up.  I love every new stage, every new milestone.  I love seeing a little bit more of his personality shine through each day.  It's like a huge giant jigsaw puzzle of a person and all I have are a few of the peices; I can tell it's going to be great, but I won't know just how great until we get further into it.   
So here's to one more month and one more peice of the puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment