Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to my baby!!

And the day has come.  Mr. Gavin Cox is officially one.  He was the most unsuspecting of birthday boys and we had a very spectacular family day celebrating the third member of our family unit's special day.
Gavin awoke to his nutty parents singing him "Happy Birthday".  I think he would have rather stayed in bed a tad longer...but we were ready to get the party started.
   
He ate a delightful birthday breakfast of applesauce and oatmeal and then took a birthday bath. After his birthday nap and playing himself "happy birthday" on his birthday kazoo, we took a family trip to the pumpkin patch and petting zoo.
We had so much fun watching our little pumpkin play around and show all of the things that he's learned over the past year.
Gavin rode his very first horse with his daddy as a spotter. 
And then he enjoyed some birthday throws in the air!
He pet a very strange looking sheep that looked like he either had dreadlocks or had been put through the extra hot drying cycle...but either way, Gavin was a fan.
We ended the night by opening a few more presents.
And Gavin konked out playing his new drum.
I can't believe how much fun I've had over the past year, how much I've loved seeing this little boy grow and learn and be more amazing than I could ever dreamed my little boy could be.  If this is only the first year, I can't imagine what the next many, many could possibly hold. 
Happy Birthday, Gavin Levi Cox!

No comments:

Post a Comment