Tuesday, May 31, 2011

7 Months

My child cannot be seven months!  That is OVER the halfway point to being a year old!  Oh my goodness.  I wouldn't believe it if I couldn't see the calendar for myself!  We are now showing our eighth calendar pic- which means we only have five more to go before we book end our Octobers.  And here, ladies and gentlemen, is our Mr. May, 2011:
Gavin is now a chunky 17 pounds!  He loves his big boy food and is eating lots of fruits and veggies and those puffy little fingers snack thingies.  He's giving his two little pearly whites a workout!  One of our biggest developments since 6 months is that Gavin now has TWO big boy teeth.  And if you haven't seen them up close and personal, here they are:
So sweet!  Mr. Cox is also mobile and on-the-go...all the time. 
He's never not moving!  One of new big challenges is changing his diaper.  He LOVES to be on his tummy, so from he minute he hits his changing pad, Gavin wants to roll over onto his tummy.  Right now, we are trying to keep him occupied by having him hold his big lotion bottle.  It keeps him occupied for about 5 seconds..which mean mom and dad have to be FAST to get that new diaper on!  More times than not, he ends up rolling over and flashing us that cute little hiney.  Mommy doesn't mind nearly as much as Daddy does.  In fact, I think all of my hiney pinching is probably encouraging the tummy flip- so I'm trying to work on that! 

He still loves his voice and spends a lot of time singing, making his sweet "bababa" and "dadada" noises. We're working on "Mama, I love you."  Any day now, I'm sure.  He is starting to really like books and will focus on the pages a lot more...and he has started really enjoying playing the piano!  Tee hee- it's the cutest thing.  He will just bang his little heart out on the piano keys.  I think I can already tell that he's going to be a right hander- he holds his left hand down to sustain the noise and keeps his right hand moving all over those ivories.  He's a Mozart in the making! 

One more month in the books!  I can't wait to see what Month #8 has for us!

2 comments:

  1. Can I just have Gavin? He's just so cute. Don't worry, I'll let him sleep in the good dog house and make Rex and Lilly sleep in the bad one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, since Easter he has pulled down milestone after milestone!!! He's such a cutie!! Those eyes and that smile just make me melt! Can hardly wait to get my hands on him again! Very soon!! Love all three of you...GiGi

    ReplyDelete